It’s known that almost all of the body’s functions are controlled by the ANS (autonomic nervous system) - it’s actually around 90% of the body that the ANS innovates.
In this episode, I’m exploring how calming your ANS plays such a huge part in your adulting and who you’re becoming in the world.
Listen on for:
- An overview of the science behind your autonomic nervous system and how it functions
- The impact slowing down has on your mood
- The role your ANS plays in balance, alignment, coherence and everyday life
- The difference that focusing on this has made to my body image and my life
- A round-up of activities to help you take better care of your ANS
Links & resources mentioned in this episode:
- Manuel Martinez
- Grant Soosalu
- Paul Canali
- Misfit to Maven: The Story of Argh to Ahhh
- Peter Levine
- The one about fight or flight mode (with Rachel Morris)
- Rochelle Schieck - Qoya
- M2M playlist
- Morning meditation favs
- The Maven Meditation Extravaganza
- Wim Hof
- Join the Value Filtered Living Club (free) - join our secret community for weekly chats, thoughts on adulting, and tips on living a value-filtered life! This is where we share all our best free content, so join us today!
- Misfit to Maven 365: One Year, No Fear! - Check out the only place to get 1:1 coaching with me PLUS be cheer-led and challenged by me and my team… so that you can show up, belong, make money, and get the freedom you desire.
- The one about overwhelm (with Alice)
- The one about overcoming anxiety (with Sam)
- The one about finding out about your block (with Lucinda)
- The one about the antidote to burnout (with Audrey)