In this episode I had the pleasure of chatting with my Dad, as a special for Father's day.
It was a real and raw look at what fathering means in the past, now and looking forward into the future.
Listen on for:
- How becoming a father affects the integrity and the freedom of life
- The embodiment of fathering
- Lessons from 40 years of fathering
- The differentiation between being a man and the masculine
- Relationship and sexuality and the differences within the generational cultures
- The idea of Fathering as we move forward
- The journey of individuation
Today’s guest was encouraged to follow a traditional education and career path but wandered off track from his late teens, unable to tame his free spirit and conform to ways of living that were inauthentic for him. Way ahead of his time, he dropped out of Oxford University and began a long process of selective self education to support his wish to live in alignment with Truth and Creative Integrity.
He studied and practiced a variety crafts and disciplines including shepherding, fine woodwork, house restoration, Aikido, sociology, philosophy and psychological astrology before beginning and completing a formal training in Transpersonal Psychotherapy.
As an accredited (UKCP), practising therapist he also worked as a trainer in the field of addiction, and included various aspects of his psychological learning within the extensive range of somatic workshops he led as a 5Rhythms teacher all over the world. He regards his life and work as enquiry into the Physical, Emotional and Psycho-Spiritual nature and possibilities of living in awake awareness. His desire, his practice and the intention of all he shares is the continued learning of how to be at peace, and in harmony with the Divine Mystery.
He is the author of 2 illustrated childrens’ books, a father and grandfather. He is co director of Moves into Consciousness with his wife Sarah. He is Alain Allard. (and he is my dad.)
Links & resources mentioned in this episode:
- Their website is getting a refresh at the moment, but we’ll update the links when it’s done and if you want to get in touch before the new website is up the email is email@example.com
- Misfit to Maven 365: One Year, No Fear! - Check out the only place to get 1:1 coaching with me PLUS be cheer-led and challenged by me and my team… so that you can show up, belong, make money, and get the freedom you desire.
- Subscribe to Misfit For Life TV - join our YouTube community for weekly chats, thoughts on adulting, and tips on living a value-filtered life! This is where we share all our best free content, so join us today!