Do you feel responsible for your own feelings and circumstances right now?
In this episode, I’m joined by Nick North to talk about responsibility, ownership and validation (among other things). We’re diving into how each of these topics show up in our relationships, in our families and in our own identities.
Listen on for:
- Our thoughts on responsibility, and teaching our families to own theirs
- The impact of focusing on getting validation from others (and boundaries for making that okay)
- The concept of an exploding doormat (i.e. the Misfit MO!)
- How to take responsibility for ourselves when that’s not what we’re used to
- An amazing tool for handling conflict and compromise in your relationships
- The difference between being in a relationship as a woman and being in a relationship as a man
- Understanding our privilege and how we can use that for the highest good
Nick North is a dude, a husband, a dad to 5 kids and a Branding Strategist. He also has a history of living as a woman, a wife, a mom, a photographer and even an EMR. When he embraced his identity and came out as transgender, he realised just how much gender affects the way we think, talk, sell and function. He now speaks from his experience on both sides of the gender coin, empowering men and women to live authentically and powerfully, while also making more money following their passion and their gut. You can find him at http://www.nicknorth.co or sharing many a topless photo and big feelings on Instagram @epicdanger.
Links & resources mentioned in this episode:
- Join the Value Filtered Living Club (free) - join our secret community for weekly chats, thoughts on adulting, and tips on living a value-filtered life! This is where we share all our best free content, so join us today!
- Misfit to Maven 365: One Year, No Fear! - Check out the only place to get 1:1 coaching with me PLUS be cheer-led and challenged by me and my team… so that you can show up, belong, make money, and get the freedom you desire.
- The one about gender expression (with Jonathan Beal)
- The one about responsibility and not abdicating (with Dyana Valentine)
- The one about identity and environment (with Becky Rui)